Friday, 31 May 2019
1:20pm – 6:40pm
We would like to invite EFL teachers, teacher trainers, Directors of Studies, TEFL students, as well as ex, current and future CELTA trainees to attend Nottingham Language Academy’s First EFL Conference on the 31 st May 2019. The conference starts at 1:15pm and finishes at 6:40pm so please make sure you arrive at around 1:00pm to give yourself enough time to find your way around the Academy.
This mini conference will constitute a great opportunity to meet fellow language enthusiasts, educators and experts in various areas of ELT and language studies and to exchange ideas and views in a 10-minute Q&A at the end of each session. It will also provide an opportunity to find out about the first OET Study App and to learn about a new OET course book, much anticipated tools in teaching and learning. There will be plenty of time to mix and mingle and to share knowledge and learn from the experiences and challenges of others.
The day closes with a presentation by our guest speaker, Jenny Padgett, whose session will be aimed at overseas medical practitioners (nurses) looking for a job in the UK. The session will give invaluable information to those who have already passed their English language test (either the Occupational English Test or IELTS) or are currently preparing for it. Those teachers, school directors, examiners and teacher trainers who offer or will offer OET or IELTS preparation courses for medical practitioners should not miss Jenny’s presentation either as it will answer questions their current or future students and exam-takers might ask them.
- 1:20 – 2:20 Taking revision and recycling seriously with Andrew Walkley, National Geographic Learning, Hampshire, UK
- 2:30 – 3:20 Where is task-based language teaching now? with Neil McCutcheon, The ELT Hub, Strasbourg, France
- 3:30 – 4:20 Ideas and approaches for teaching advanced-level classes with Lewis Richards, LSI, Portsmouth, UK
- 4:30 – 5:10 Multiple-choice: A tool for teaching and testing with Nick Kenny, Author and Teacher Trainer, Cambridge, UK
- 5:20 – 5:50 OET Study App Presentation and Book Launch with Herschel P., Aarul and Sanjay Malaviya, Unlearn Ltd., London, UK
- 6:00 – 6:40 The NHS Recruitment Process with Jenny Padgett, NHS Professionals, Hemel, UK
Come along as we would love to meet you! At NLA, we want you to actively engage with the future of our industry. Whether you are a teacher, a trainer, a learner, a recruiter, a publisher, a medical practitioner or other, you will leave buzzing with ideas for how you can shape your future, the future of your clients and/or the future of ELT.
We look forward to seeing you in person at Nottingham Language Academy.