This joint course will help students identify their own pronunciation difficulties and give them an awareness of how English sounds are formed. It will help them to improve their understanding of spoken English as well as their speaking skills through the use of a great variety of conversation topics. For the Conversation part of the lesson, tutors will not only prepare topic-related tasks and facilitate discussions, but will also ensure that all participants (including new-comers) are given opportunities to speak.
The Pronunciation component of the course will focus on the following areas:
- Individual sounds - vowels and consonants
- Consonant clusters
- The International Phonetic Alphabet and using a dictionary to check pronunciation
- Ear training - learning to listen and what to listen for
The Conversation component of the course will focus on the following areas:
- Speaking and listening
- Getting acquainted with various accents
- Learning new vocabulary through topic-related tasks
- Discussing a range of interesting topics.
We offer 10% discount for the booking and full payment of 10 weeks or more. For the booking and payment of 20 weeks or more, we offer 15% (does not apply to One-to-One tuition or bookings made via agents).